Beat The Heat: Spay & Neuter Event
November 3rd — by appointment only!
Spay & Neuter Services At ASAP
A main goal of the ASAP mission is to serve all cats in Santa Barbara County — and part of that includes preventing the overpopulation of cats in the area. To accomplish this, we are proud to offer Spay & Neuter services at the shelter.
Wondering why you should spay/neuter your cat? Take a look at some fast facts below:
How Spaying & Neutering Helps
- Enhances your cat’s health and quality of life
- The cost of licensing is considerably lower
- Prevents the birth of unwanted kittens, which often overcrowd county shelters and prevent older cats from being adopted
- Decreases a cat’s desire to roam and mark their territory
Best Age to Spay or Neuter
- Consult with your veterinarian about the most appropriate time to spay or neuter your pet
- Considerations are the breed, age, and physical condition.
- It is not best to wait until your female cat has gone through its first heat cycle
Simply fill out the form below to get in touch about our spay/neuter services: